HARA BARA KEBAB
Hara bara kebab is one of the best listed kebabs world wide for its nutrition and health conscious and also easy to prepare at home! This is especially for vegetarians and also for palak(spinach) lovers.
Looking at the ingredients might look lengthy but the taste is just lip smacking. An vegeterian dish of finely chopped vegetables and a palak crawling inbetween with cashews crunch makes the dish inevitable from the list.
Always remember while handling an fried kebabs, it is fair enough to drain all the water content and add little Maida( refined flour) and corn flour ; just a little to make the kebab even better to its most!!
HOW TO BOIL PALAK?
Make hot water with an pinch of salt and cooking soda to it, then once the water boils add the spinach and just wait for an minute or little above . The spinach is ready to use for further purposes. why soda? Soda, it maintains the greeny color of the spinach and retain its nutrients.
WHAT SHOULD BE DONE TO GET AN HOTEL STYLE KEBAB?
First of all it depends on the marination. Yes, it is one of the best one should consider wile preparing any kebab varieties!
Click here to see basic tandoor marinations.
For any marination, it should be rested minimum 30 minutes with the marination so the flavour emerges play on the ingredients. Whoah ? why waiting! let’s grab some of the best recipes here in kebab section.
STANDARD COOKING TIME :
It is quite important to know about the timing especially on kebab preparations. we either grill or open roast which has easy tendency to burn fast and make the vegetable or the meat lose its juicyness.
- Tandoori kebab- 12 to 14 min
- Tandoori chicken(whole) – 15 min
- Paneer tikka – 8 min
- Veg sheek kebab – 8 to 10 min
- chicken sheek kebab – 10 to 12 min
- Mutton sheek kebab – 12 to 15 min
There are also pan fried and deep fried kebabs which requires special attention and checkabilty while cooking!
HARA BARA KEBAB
Hara bara kebab is a vegetarian favorite made from spinach and coriander marination with aromatic spics and smoked and deep fried or pan dried. It can also be a vegan.
FOR HARA BARA KEBAB
PREPARE SPINACH PASTE
Clean the spinach( palak) nicely in running water for 3 to 5 minutes to remove all the dirt and any insects.
Chop some spinach leaves and use the rest to boil.
Once cleaned boil the spinach and remove and keep in cold water and grind it into a fine paste.HOW TO BOIL PALAK? Make hot water with an pinch of salt and cooking soda to it, then once the water boils add the spinach and just wait for an minute or little above . The spinach is ready to use for further purposes. why soda? Soda, it maintains the greeny color of the spinach and retain its nutrients.
CUT THE VEGETABLES
- Once palak is ready, cut all the vegetables very finely as much as you can! boil the potatoes and mash it and also grate the required paneer(cottage cheese).
- Boil the potatoes in the side.
COOK THE VEGETABLES
Use corn flour and refined flour( maida) to make it more softer! Add cashew powder at this stage and mix again and keep it asife for 15 minutes.
- Then, in a pan add oil and butter; heat it and add jeera seeds, chop garlic, ginger, g.chilly chop and toss it.
- Once tossed, add palak paste, chop palak and all chopped vegetables except potato and paneer.
- Then add all the powdered masalas as mentioned in the recipe above.
- Cook till the raw flavor goes and cool it completely and then add the boiled potato and grated panner.
- Using hands mash the ingredients together to form a soft dough to make shapes.
COOK THE HARA BARA KEBAB
In a kadai pour oil and let it heat it to medium.
Make the mixture into round shapes and place cashews on top and deep fry the kebabs.
Around 5 minutes until golden brown on both sides, remove from oil and have it with mint chutney.