What is beetroot puree or sauce ?
Beetroot puree or sauce is an puree made from beetroot cooked with flavorings, agar agar and used as accompaniment or used in plating.
How to make Beetroot puree ?
How to make Beetroot puree or sauce ?
Beetroot puree or sauce is a sauce used as accompaniment or for plating sauce made from fine puree of beetroot cooked with stock, agar agar and served on.
- In a stockpot add water and add cut beetroots and boil it till becomes fully boiled up to 10 minutes.
- Strain the beetroot and cool it down and grind it in mixer or food processor or blender into a fine paste or puree by adding half vegetable stock in it. Strain the puree using strainer to avoid lumps.
- In a pan , add butter, fresh thyme , grinded beetroot puree and remaining stock and salt and cook for 1 minute in slow flame.
- Add agar agar or xanthum gum and cook for an minute till it gets thicken like a sauce.
- Butter adds the shine to the sauce.
- Vegetable stocks adds the flavor to the puree or sauce.
- Agar agar or xanthum gives that saucy consistency from water nature of the puree.
Serving Size 20g
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 22
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 1.4g3%
- Saturated Fat 0.9g5%
- Cholesterol 4mg2%
- Sodium 348mg15%
- Potassium 57mg2%
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4g1%
- Dietary Fiber 0.9g4%
- Sugars 1.4g
- Protein 0.4g1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.