Carrot sauce or puree
Carrot sauce or puree is one of the famous accompaniments or a component in a plate. The fresh half boiled carrot tossed with butter and onions and herbs and seasonings and wine and grinded to a fine paste.
How to make carrot sauce or puree ?
How to make Carrot sauce or puree ?
Carrot sauce is made from half boiled carrot tossed with butter and onions and herbs and seasonings and wine and grinded to a fine paste.
- Chop the onions into fine and chop the carrot roughly.
- Boil the carrots in water and strain it.
- In a pan, add butter and once heated add chopped onions and let it become transparent. After that add boiled carrots, thyme and salt.
- Sauté for 2 minutes in low flame and cool it completely by removing the thyme stem.
- In a mixer or food processor add the carrot mixture, half vegetable stock and grind into thick fine puree and strain it into a container.
- Once it is grinded into fine puree add it in a pan with heated butter and add the remaining vegetable stock and agar agar.
Cook for 1 minute until the sauce thickens little and can be stored up to 3 days in refrigerator.
- Butter adds the shiny gloss texture to the sauce or puree.
- Vegetable stock an vibrant flavor to the puree.
- White wine can be added also but agar agar will be increased to 5 grams.
- You can use blender for more fine puree.
- it can be stored in a tight container and used up to 3 – 5 days in a refrigerator.
Serving Size 20g
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 22
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 1.4g3%
- Saturated Fat 0.9g5%
- Cholesterol 4mg2%
- Sodium 347mg15%
- Potassium 65mg2%
- Total Carbohydrate 2.5g1%
- Dietary Fiber 0.8g4%
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 0.2g1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.